Day 7 - Sterling, CO to Ft. Collins, CO - BIcycle brewery tour with cousins

Waking up on Lake Sterling was quite a treat.  There was a cool crispness to the air and the view of the lake was incredible.  I took some time to do some more rearranging in the camper - I feel like a rookie as I make all the changes.  Eventually I was happy with where things were and would be when I picked up Amy and the boys on Saturday.  

I headed into Ft. Collins and met up with Jackie and Spencer - my cousins.  I had missed their wedding and they were kind enough to be willing to repeat much of their wedding weekend with me on a bicycle tour of Fort Collins.  So, after a quick introduction to Pancake (dog) and Atticus (cat), we headed out to go get a bicycle rental to start going from brewery to brewery.

We stopped at Recycled Cycles and rented a reliable ride to get around town with.  No sooner had I tested the gears than we arrived at the first brewery - Purpose Brewing!  It was mid-afternoon at this point, the sun was shining, and the temperature was perfect.  Great way to spend the day.



After visiting a bit and enjoying our first beer together, we popped back on the bikes and headed down to The Exchange area to get some lunch at Penrose Taphouse and Eatery. My cousin suggested the nachos and, let's just say, I didn't need to see the menu. It was delicious!

Our next stop was where Jackie and Spencer had celebrated their wedding - New Belgium brewery. They showed me where they had celebrated their wedding and then we grabbed a drink and played a game of Sequence which I had never played before. Just a great way to spend the afternoon.
Finally we finished up over to Odell brewery. As we rolled in the skies started to open up and, seems to be the theme of the trip so far, more rain! I'm really beginning to wonder if we are actually out in a desert or not. But at least we remembered to take a picture together!


After our final drink, we waited for the heavy part of the rain to pass and then headed back to our start. Spencer left to go eat some rattlesnake (not even joking!) with some friends so Jackie and I took Pancake for a ride up around the reservoir and got some pizza.

We got back to Jackie's house and both of us were exhausted.  So we watched some Ted Lasso (TV! - special treat) and then called it a day.  

Thanks for hosting such a terrific day Jackie and Spencer!

Total miles travelled - 1,945 

# States (Provinces) - 7 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 8 - Fort Collins, CO to White River National Forest, CO - Family together again, and the trip goes sideways on us

Day 10 - Dinsoaur National Monument, UT to Salt Lake City, UT - The end of the whale

Day 9 - White River National Forest, CO to Dinosaur National Monument, UT - The trip really goes sideways